Hey, the great thing about a three day weekend is that it means a four-day work week. Now, here’s some occasionally very depressing news related to sex and gender in Texas:
- The “Petticoats and Slide Rules” exhibition at the Women’s Museum in Dallas looks at women’s roles in engineering in the last century or so.
- Dallas is spending millions defending a sexual harassment lawsuit against Dallas-Fire Rescue and the “worst” boss in America.
- Anita Perry promises she is just as anti-choice, anti-gay and socially conservative as her husband.
- The Junior League of Dallas will focus their charitable efforts on New Friends New Life and the Letot Center, both of which assist trafficked women and girls.
- An Austin doctor is interviewed in this piece about “reluctant and underserved” LGBTQ folks seeking health care.
- Dallas food critic Nancy Nichols fat-shames State Fair food fans.
ETA: Amazed and saddened by the grass and wildfire destruction in Central Texas and we’re hoping there’s as little damage to people and animals as possible. Please stay safe, everyone.