But today is a new day. Full of new assbaggery:
- Texas Rangers pitcher C.J. Wilson helped launch the new team line of clothing at Victoria’s Secret yesterday. Panties feature the phrase “designated kisser.”
- State Rep. Sid Miller of Stephenville told the Texas Observer that family planning clinics in Texas who may have to shut their doors because of budget cuts can just deal with it–and women can go to crisis pregnancy centers for pap smears. I think we all know how well that works.
- The Texas Lege has also voted to create a “john school” for first-time prostitution solicitors.
- The Plano-based right-wing Liberty Institute (it’s always something to do with freedom when they’re about taking it away, isn’t it?) can’t stand that two judges have voted to allow same-sex divorces in Texas.
- First the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter asked Iman what size she is and then whether her industry focused too much on unattainable body image.
- The Dallas Voice reports that gay men are more likely to have cancer than heterosexual men.
- Will a low turnout in the Dallas mayoral elections amplify the gay vote? (Related: is there a “gay vote”?)
- Nearly a fifth of Dallas County residents suffer from food insecurity. Tessa’s written for us before on how that’s related to reproductive health.
- A pioneering Texas Women’s University track coach, who helped develop modern women’s college athletics, has died at age 83.