Happy humpadump day.
- The Texas Legislature will shut down federal family planning money immediately if Planned Parenthood or any other abortion provider sues to get access to said money.
- At the University of Texas at Duh–I mean, Dallas–researchers find that being a mother is stressful, encourage moms to not try for “supermom.” Part of their solution: dads should also parent children.
- Texas will raise money for religious-affiliated, unregulated crisis pregnancy centers through sale of “Choose Life” license plates.
- The U.S. Supreme Court will not hear the appeal of the Texas cheerleader who was kicked off her squad for refusing to cheer on her rapist.
- The FDA is going after a Texas company that sells “oil of oregano” it claims cures AIDS, herpes.
- A Houston police officer will serve six years in prison for raping a prostitute.
- Two out of three major candidates for Dallas mayor say they opposed the 2005 gay marriage ban.