Since I’m powerless to stop the Ignoramus Express, conducted by Wayne “Western Civilization Probably Doesn’t Include African-Americans” Christian his own self, I’ve decided to capitulate entirely to dealing with his assbaggery with good humor. As such, consider today’s inspirational Wayne Christian QOTD, from the Dallas Morning News, on American exceptionalism:
Speaking of Great Britain and other former Western European colonial powers, he said, “The caucasions screwed it up. The Hispanics screwed their country up. Africans are having trouble with their countries. But when we all came together in America, it’s worked. And that’s what we don’t need to lose.”
Nobody tell Wayne Christian that caucasian mainly means white-ish people, includes the Americans he thinks are beyond reproach, includes an awful lot of Hispanic folks, and actually, it encompasses pretty much everyone of European descent and is useful mainly when you’re being a racist, ignorant assbag who essentializes race and is incapable of taking social and cultural factors into consideration even in his not-so thinly veiled attempts at racism, and my god, this man is making decisions for us you guys. Okay so that was not very much humor at all.
Here’s some sex and gender and lady news. (Note: if you read this, you won’t be able to ever read any news about traditional family values, since I ate them all while I was writing this post.)
- Texas A&M will go up against Notre Dame in the the NCAA final.
- Fourteen of the adults charged in the Cleveland gang rape will appear in court today.
- Activists in Chicago have covered the Texas-sponsored race-baiting anti-choice Obama billboards with banners.
- The Texas lege voted to transfer $4.2 million in this budget from family planning funds to unregulated, non-medical crisis pregnancy centers.
- The lede isn’t that local D-FW businesses are finally hiring more, it’s that women want to buy makeup to go on job interviews. Right.
- Latino activists groups raised $5,000 for the family of the Cleveland gang-rape victim on Saturday. The child’s mother has multiple untreated brain tumors.