- About 50 women had to get a Dallas Morning News columnist on the story to get paid for their work as hostesses and dancers for an entertainment company during the Super Bowl.
- So, there isn’t a budget crisis when mandatory sonograms are on the table, but there is a budget crisis when Texas is asked to join a national sex offender registry. Got it.
- Near Austin, a Hindu guru has been found guilty of multiple counts of indecency with a child.
- How a repeal of DOMA might affect Texas.
- Appears to be some dogmatic kerfluffle at the heavily Catholic University of Dallas over allowing instructors to disagree with the church over homosexuality, women’s ordination and more.
- Big feature about lesbian couple using in-vitro to get pregnant in Brownsville paper. Which is cool, but the tone is pretty awed and gawkish, like the city’s never seen a gay person before.
- Texas Tech suffers from a significant gender pay gap–women make $42k/year on average, and men make more than $60k/year.
Also, I would just like you to read this quote from Republican senator John Cornyn commenting on Obama’s decision not to fight DOMA:
“Republican Texas Sen. John Cornyn said that when unemployment is high and 40 cents of every dollar the government spends is borrowed, he’d like to see Obama “spend less time placating his liberal base and more time on cutting spending and growing the economy.””
HAS THIS MAN MET JOHN BOEHNER, HE OF THE PLACATING HIS CONSERVATIVE BASE BY NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT FOCUSING ON CUTTING SPENDING AND GROWING THE ECONOMY? I just had to get that off my chest. Something about a plank and a speck or something in someone’s eye or whatever. I don’t know. Here are some cat GIF’s.