Tuesday! Tuesday! Tuesday!
- A suspected child rapist eluded his captors somewhere in the West Texas desert. He complained his shackles were too tight and escaped. Have West Texas police seen any action movies ever?
- Texas State Sen. Lucio, advocate of the mandatory sonogram bill, is not super sure if an abortion is a miscarriage or the other way around.
- Texas lawyers will sleep with their clients if they damned well want to, TYVM.
- The New York Times wonders if taking down that Texan anti-choice, racist billboard is censorship. Actually, they don’t wonder. They say it is.
- The go-to source for this DFW KDAF-33 article about women with poor body image? An aesthetician.
- New Braunfels State Rep. Doug Miller wants to criminalize taking drugs while pregnant. No report on whether he took drugs while he himself was pregna … oh wait.
- Dallas’ own nutbag teaparty ally Rev. Stephen Broden has some thoughts about abortion and billboards.
- For the first time ever, a transgender woman is running for mayor of Amarillo–she’s also a veteran.
- More on the Dallas Walk For Choice in the Observer.
And for non-Texan fun (?) this cartoon from the Philadelphia Inquirer.