It’s Friday. It’s cold. No holidays, at least none on which it is appropriate to get blotto without seeming disrespectful or pathetic, are in sight until St. Patrick’s Day. Some of this ladynews will brighten your week. Some of it will not.
- Badass baller (and dunker) Brittney Griner scored her 1,000th career point in Baylor’s game against Texas this week, putting the Bears into the NCAA women’s basketball top slot and basically making Griner like the best female college basketball player of ever.
- Abortions are down in Texas, despite the fact that there has been an increase in abortion providers in the state. Amazing. It’s like giving women access to a full range of reproductive services empowers them or something. Worth noting: there don’t seem to be stats available on unplanned pregnancy rates. Because really, why study the root cause of abortion when you’re trying to minimize it?
- Texas may reconsider sex offender tracking laws, making “Romeo and Juliet” romances less likely to result in required registration.
- Adorable old gay dudes tell the Dallas Voice the story of changing culture, law, politics over the course of their 50-year relationship.
- Houston-area police are trying to track down a boy they believe might be able to identify a man caught on tape molesting two children. They think he owns a red shirt with a motorcycle on it.