Heyfriends. Here comes the ladynews and gender happenings. Let’s do a thing.
- U.S. Supreme Court grants stay of execution for former army recruiter convicted in Fort Worth rape and murder nine years ago.
- Midlant Schools Superintendent turns to local crisis pregnancy center, chock full of abstinence-only info, to help reduce teen pregnancy. What could go wrong?
- Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert, Sen. John Cornyn, held a Super Bowl sex trafficking press conference earlier today.
- Haven’t looked at the full study, so it might just be the pull quotes and reporting, but something about this rubs me the wrong way: in response to genetic research on homo- and hetero-socially interacting fruit flies, one researcher at Texas A&M says, “Be careful who you interact with … The choice may affect your physiology, behavior and health in unexpected ways.”
- We’re all pumped to see #ToshPointNo gaining steam on Twitter.